About Nordplus Junior
The Nordplus Junior Programme is about classes visiting their counterparts, and by that removing the borders of the classroom walls. Developments of new projects and job-switching for teachers between schools are also examples of the activities in the programme.
Contact your national office for more information or see Frequently-asked questions.
The programme may support:
- Mobility of classes/pupils in primary and secondary education
- Mobility of individual pupils in secondary education
- Individual pupil mobility includes workplace based education and training for both vocational education pupils and pupils in secondary education (theoretical).
- Mobility of teachers and other pedagogical staff in pre-school, primary and secondary education.
- Teacher mobility includes teacher exchange (“job-switching”) between schools, teacher round-trip, which enables the teacher to take part in the education/to teach in several schools in different countries.
- Mobility in the form of preparatory visits, work experience visits, etc.
The programme may also support:
- Schools may establish project partnerships linked to a specific theme corresponding to the aims of the Nordplus Junior programme.
- The projects are meant to broaden the perspective on the subjects chosen. Here are some examples of subject fields for project partnerships:
- Quality assurance
- Dissemination of project results
- Development and improving of teaching methods
- Curriculum development
- The overall purpose is to give schools an opportunity to become part of a network to establish long-term educational collaborations.
- Participants may work on a joint theme corresponding to the aims of the Nordplus Junior programme.
- Activities eligible for network support include:
- Administrative meetings to establish and develop the network
- Information activities and the dissemination of results
The specific aims of Nordplus Junior are:
- Strengthening and developing co-operation between schools (including kindergarten/preschool)
- Promoting the development of quality, creativity and innovation in education
- Promoting Learning for all by developing equal opportunities in inclusive education
- Strengthening the Nordic languages and promoting knowledge and understanding of Nordic cultures and Baltic languages and cultures
- Promoting co-operation between schools (including kindergarten/pre-schools) and working life
- Nordplus Call for Proposals 2013 [in Norwegian] (PDF 31.92 kB)
- Nordplus Call for Proposals 2013 [in English] (PDF 45.78 kB)
- Nordplus 2012-2016 programme document [in English] (PDF 144.99 kB)
- Nordplus 2012-2016 programme document [in Norwegian] (PDF 152.87 kB)
- Nordplus Handbook 2013 [in English] (PDF 471.13 kB)
- Nordplus Handbook 2013 [in Scandinavian languages] (PDF 462.16 kB)
- Espresso (Opens in a new window)