Activities in the Programme
Nordplus Nordic Languages welcomes applications for the following activity types:
Projects and networks
Projects and networks must involve cooperation between at least two organisations from two Nordic and/or Baltic countries. Grants may be awarded to establish networks, between institutions or organisations in the area of languages, or to various project activities within the language area.
The following activities may be carried out in the context of a Nordic Languages project:
- Methods for including neighbour language learning in schools
- Development of school curricula concerning the position of Nordic languages in the school systems
- Information campaigns about the Nordic languages
- Language technology projects
- Development and publication of educational aids and teaching materials
It is possible to apply for funding for a project/network with duration of up to 3 years.
The aim of preparatory visits is to support the preparation and planning of projects and applications within Nordplus Nordic Languages.
Grants for travel and subsistence are available for participating in joint meetings between organisations from different countries with a view to clarifying scope for collaboration and planning a concrete application for the next Nordplus Nordic Languages application deadline.
Grants may be given for one preparatory meeting of a maximum of five days' duration (including travel time) with the participation of up to two representatives from each organisation. The activity must be carried out within a period of one year.
One of the participating organisations serves as host for the preparatory meeting. Travel expenses grants are only available to cover the travel expenses of the visiting organisations.
An application must describe the following elements:
- A detailed programme of the planned visit
- The background and motivation as well as general topics and objectives of the future project
- Each organisation's contribution and expertise in relation to the future project